- Do we need to watch our tone more?
- Do we still want to engage in burnination requests?
- We should have a way to disagree with vote requests, and move them to the graveyard if enough people agree
- Should we remove the room's events from the calendar?
- Can we fix Closey? Or implement an old, known working version?
- Should we allow del-pls requests on non-duplicate closed questions that would eventually be fetched by the Roomba?
- If you're gonna talk Politics (or any other off-topic stuff for that matter), you must respect those who disagree
Stick to the prescribed CV reasons when making requests, and always use constructive language when describing a question. We already require members to act professionally and with a high standard.
No for anything longer than a week to finish. Meta has no invested support in burnination requests. "Help" from their end comes and goes like the wind. We wrote the FAQ entry for how burnination processes work, and we've been the only ones doing anything about it. We can take on ≤ 500 post burninations (that meet site requirements), anything more we'll have to talk about
Let's have fun with some burnination, smaller ones, where less frustration builds and instead we feel fulfillment.
3. We should have a way to disagree with vote requests, and move them to the graveyard if enough people agree
Yes, the functionality is wanted. Possible implementation: Have a formatted response like
:<message ID> Disagree. <reasoning>. The graveyard script should also archive disagreements. Tracking through editing is not always a practical solution.
Our tooling and mindsets have evolved, the CV queue and the events hardly. Events can bind us as a room and be used as special moments to share moderation. We have to find a better way to handle them, a way to engage more people into them. Until then, have a pause and we'll disable the events.
Yes, Sam is on it. Time for repairs: 6 to 8.
6. Should we allow del-pls requests on non-duplicate closed questions that would eventually be fetched by the Roomba?
There is nothing wrong with allowing them. It might be a "waste" for those people to use their votes on something that would be deleted anyways, but so far there has been no abuse from it. The question that matters is "should this be deleted right now?". These requests do not do any harm to the room.
7. If you're gonna talk Politics (or any other off-topic stuff for that matter), you must respect those who disagree
All discussions should be respectful and professional, regardless of topic. If discussion gets too far off-topic, it is everyone's responsibility to steer the direction back on-topic. Too much of any off-topic discussion is bad. Be Nice applies in the room, and any off-topic discussion that is too lengthy should be moved. if you want to do that disagree or debate thing, go into your own room.
The network as a whole has policies that control discussion (Be Nice). The room has a specific topic and it's necessary to have some extra policies, about that topic, but it also just needs to embrace network-wide policies, like Be Nice; there's no reason to add anything to them.
At the request of any RO, we should stop discussion of a given topic or move it elsewhere.