Periodically SOCVR has room-wide meetings where we discuss room policies and behavior.
Anyone can propose new topics to be discussed by creating an issue in the GitHub SOCVR Room Meeting Topics repository. The issues will be labeled with
suggested-topic. Anyone interested is invited to comment and vote (GitHub emoji responses) on the topics. Doing so helps everyone prepare for the meeting, and allows people to share and discuss their views over a longer period of time than is available in the actual meeting.
When there are enough topics, the Room Owner (RO) team will announce a new date for a room meeting. The topics that will be on the agenda get labeled with the actual room meeting, like
The meeting will be held in the room SOCVR Room Meetings. That room will be unlocked 30 minutes before the start of the meeting. You do not need to request access. Please don't request access, as doing so will just annoy all the ROs, all of whom are notified for each access request.
Meetings are scheduled to last one hour. That time is split between all topics, with a each topic given an equal maximum amount of time for discussion. If resolution is reached on a topic prior to the maximum time, then we will move on to the next topic.
During the meeting
- One of the RO's will chair the meeting.
- Please keep the conversation on topic.
- The no one-box rule applies.
- Please use stars sparingly.
- RO's will clear stars after the end of each topic. If you want a record of the stars, you will need to take a screenshot prior to them being cleared. Knowing what the stars were at the end of each topic is sometimes helpful when writing up the topic summaries.
- The room will be in timeout for 1 minute at the start of each topic. You can use this time to write-up/organize any longer messages you wish to post.
After the meeting
After the meeting, the discussion on each topic is summarized, including any conclusions. The summary and conclusions are published on a page linked below, which is identified by the year and month in which the meeting took place.