There are a bunch of useful userscripts for Stack Overflow out there. Userscripts add functionality to the site by running scripts in your browser. All major browsers support userscripts by installing a userscript manager extension, for example Tampermonkey or Violentmonkey.
- How to install a userscript?
- With Tampermonkey, Violentmonkey, or Greasemonkey (only advised for die hards) installed, from a GitHub userscript page you can click the "Raw" button.
See our GitHub userscript repository with the full list of our scripts!
- *-pls Request Generator (GitHub) (install)
- This userscript is the primary method of posting cv-pls requests to SOCVR.
- adds a link under each question, so you can send a cv-pls to a chatroom (e.g. SOCVR)
- When you're unable to install userscripts, limited functionality is available as a bookmarklet.
- There's an alpha release of the Request Generator (GitHub) (install) with significant additional features. However, the alpha version does not work in Greasemonkey 4 (the release version, linked in the solid bullet-point line above, works just fine with Greasemonkey 4). It is recommended that you use the alpha version of the Request Generator, unless you are using Greasemonkey 4.x.
- Magic™ Editor (GitHub) (install)
- While you're editing a post, one click fixes the most common spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Unclosed Request Review Script (GitHub) (install)
- Enhances the display of requests and question links in the main chat page.
- Provides brief question and answer status in the main chat window.
- Indicates on the main chat page which requests are complete.
- Enhances the search pages for
del-plsrequests, giving more detailed status, sorting, filtering, etc. Allows you to focus only on the open requests meeting the criteria you desire to work on.
- Review Finder (GitHub) (install)
- finds the review of a post by searching for the post's id in the current review queue's history.
- Close Vote Review Shortcuts (GitHub) (install)
- adds keyboard shortcuts in the close-vote review-queue and close dialog, so your hands never have to leave the keyboard
- AutoReviewComments (GitHub) (install)
- You can use our collection of comments, or create your own.
- Magic™ Tag Review 2 (GitHub) (install)
- Review questions in a tag with filtering on multiple criteria, including by close votes and delete votes
- Roomba Forecaster (GitHub) (install)
- Tells the user if the question is eligible for being deleted by the Roomba.
- Charcoal HQ userscripts (GitHub)
- Stack Apps
- wide variety of userscripts/browser extensions for Stack Exchange