There are a bunch of useful userscripts for Stack Overflow out there. Userscripts add functionality to the site by running scripts in your browser. All major browsers support userscripts by installing a userscript manager extension, for example Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey.
- How to install a userscript?
- With Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey installed, from a GitHub userscript page you can click the "Raw" button.
See our GitHub userscript repository with the full list of our scripts!
- *-pls Generator (GitHub) (install)
- This userscript is the primary method of posting cv-pls requests to SOCVR.
- adds a link under each question, so you can send a cv-pls to a chatroom (e.g. SOCVR)
- When you're unable to install userscripts, limited functionality is available as a bookmarklet.
- Magic™ Editor (GitHub) (install)
- While you're editing a post, one click fixes the most common spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Unclosed Request reviewer (GitHub) (install)
- searches all cv-pls requests in SOCVR and shows the ones that are still open.
- Review Finder (GitHub) (install)
- finds a post id in the review queue.
- Close Vote Review Shortcuts (GitHub) (install)
- adds keyboard shortcuts in the close-vote review-queue and close dialog, so your hands never have to leave the keyboard
- AutoReviewComments (GitHub) (install)
- You can use our collection of comments, or create your own.
- Magic™ Tag Review 2 (GitHub) (install)
- Review questions in a tag with filtering on multiple criteria, including by close votes and delete votes
- Roomba Forecaster (GitHub) (install)
- Tells the user if the question is eligible for being deleted by the Roomba.
- Charcoal HQ userscripts
- Stack Apps
- wide variety of userscripts/browser extensions for Stack Exchange